Developing Chinese Fluency is a rigorous communication skill building program, aimed at helping intermediate learners of Chinese achieve an advanced level of speaking and writing proficiency while developing listening and reading skills. Combining an innovative instructional approcah with interactive technologies, this program rapidly augments the learners’ vocabulary, elevates their expressive ability and boosts their proficiency– particularly in the areas of description, comparison and introduction.
This program is ideal for conversational or speaking and writing Chinese courses for upper-intermediate to rising-advanced college-level students. It is also suitable for high school honors and AP* courses.
- Training focuses on the three modes of communication (Interpersonal, Interpretive and Presentational)
- Offers thematically organized word lists and grammatical structures for comprehensive treatment of five core subject matters: Objects, People, Nature, Geography, and Cities
- Adopts a bottom-up approach, expanding progressively from words to sentences, sentences to paragraphs. Each unit addresses a subject matter in three progressive stages with clearly defined end goals.
- Authentic target language readings provide opportunities for students to work with vocabulary in context.
- Incorporates a stimulating array of interactive classroom tasks and technology-supported activities to promote acquisition and reinforce learning.
The Workbook offers intensive exercises of two types: aural-oral drills and fluency enhancement activities in the forms of chunking, typing, listening/reading, and writing or simulation tasks. Designed to be used together with the Online Workbook, it combines multimedia materials with interactivity and ease of access.
Book Companion Website (http://biaoda.cengageasia.com )
Students can access the Online Workbook and audio program with purchase of the printed Workbook. Instructors can register to gain FREE access to the Online Workbook, audio program and supplementary instructor resources which include teaching tips, PowerPoints, sample tests and more.
Click here to download sample lessons of the Textbook.
* Advanced Placement and AP are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.