The Plumbing Skills series provides learners with the knowledge, skills and awareness they will need to be successful in the plumbing industry. The series is structured to build step-by-step knowledge, working from general/foundation subjects towards more specific and technical detail as they progress. It develops problem-solving skills, combining safe work practices with professional skills and a thorough understanding of how and why things are done in a certain way.
- ‘Caution’ boxes identify safety issues and urgent safety reminders for tradespeople working on-site
- ‘Green Tip’ boxes highlights the applications of sustainable technology, materials or products in the industry
- ‘From experience’ boxes enhance employability skills on the job site
- NEW ‘Get It Right’ sections reinforce the practical skills components
This first book in the Plumbing Skills series covers topics such as:
- Carry out WHS requirements
- Provide first aid
- Workplace communication
- Use plumbing hand and power tools
References to AS/NZS 3500:2015, referred to in the Plumbing Code of Australia, prompts familiarity with the codes throughout their training.